Friday, April 20, 2012

How nice to meet you

Hello there. My name is Melyssa. I'm a twenty-something finishing up college and embarking on the next chapter of my life. This is so exciting for me because I'm finally getting to the place in life I've wanted to be for so long!

For starers, I have a wonderful guy in my life named Matt. We've been together since we were 15 and are about to get married on July 7, 2012. I can't wait! I'm loving wedding planning and making this the best celebration of our lives!

Matt and I just purchased a house and we plan to close in June. Currently living in my parents basement we are more than ready to get back above ground, throw open the curtains to let the sunlight in, and NEST NEST NEST!!!! Matt is very analytical and practical so he tries to keep my fanciful dreamer tendencies under control. If it were up to me I'd bust down the door, paint brush in hand and go to town. He prefers we make a list, prioritize, and accomplish our projects in an orderly fashion. That guy I tell ya... he keeps this ship on course. I love him dearly and appreciate the balance he brings.

We have a beautiful fluffy cat named Chocolate Thunder, affectionately referred to as: Tuna, Thundy, Meemers, and many more. You'll get used to it.

The current plan is to settle into the house, get hitched about a month later, settle in some more, and adopt a dog in August.

As I start out I see this blog being a place for me to share house progress, wedding updates, and share our young and eventually growing family. Welcome!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment