Sunday, April 22, 2012

A good day

Yesterday I woke up with a knot in my stomach. Yesterday was the day.

The day I would try on my wedding dress.

For those of you who don't know, I'm a fluffy little lady. Busty. Apple shaped. Lets add a good dose of stress eating to the looming deadline of "The Dress" coming in and requiring you to try it on and you wake up with a knot in your stomach.

IT FIT!!!! Actually. it needs to be taken in at the bust. And majorly hemmed.  But it zipped. And its so beautiful. It's almost my dream dress. Unfortunately, it is strapless. Wah wah. I contacted the company and lucky for me I was able to order extra yardage of the overlay to construct some sort of sleeve situation. We'll figure that out in alterations.

Since the appointment was so early and we didn't have a chance to eat breakfast first Mom and I grabbed some coffee and muffins and headed home. I changed into something more fashionable and we headed out to run a few errands and find her an appropriate mother-of-the-bride dress. Mom is on the younger side and has a hard time identifying with conventional matronly mother-of-the dresses. Her original plan was to wear a vintage tea length dress but it didn't really fit in with the rest of the wedding. It was too shiny and verged on costumey. 

The girls are wearing navy cotton dresses. Dessy style 2823 in midnight. They came in last Friday and honestly, they are awesome!!!! A crisp classy cotton with pockets and a sweetheart neckline. Mmhm. The girls love them as much as I do, win!

The boys are wearing dark gray pants with white shirts, suspenders, and slim navy ties. Matt is wearing dark gray pants, a grey and white striped shirt, dark gray vest, and a navy bow tie. He is so handsome in his wedding suit. Dreamy.

So anyway, Mom tried on about a billion dresses ad wound up finding two contenders at Dillards. They're both light/medium gray, a little sparkly, and knee length. Both pretty cute. She has to decide which to wear.

As for my dress, well... you'll have to wait a few months. I'm not sharing that until the big day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment